Friday, February 6, 2009

Friend's garden

Now that I've a renewed interest in gardening and agriculture, I begin to look at plants differently. Suddenly I find myself paying close attention to the trees in my friend's house. I've been there a thousand times but never have I looked at her plants with such curiosity.

Her mother-in-law is a champion hydrangea grower. Due to our hot and humid climate, I find little success in getting mine to produce big blooms butI see huge bunches of powder-blue blossoms everytime I visit them. I'm so impressed!

They do have green fingers. Their olive tree is always laden with little green fruits.

In fact, they've even successfully produced some young olive plants through marcotting.

These plants are merely 3 months old but they're already flowering and producing fruits!

They've cleverly placed all these shade loving plants under the mango tree.

Here is the avocado plant. I have not seen another avocada plant in Singapore, especially one that produces fruits constantly like theirs.

The pink guava plant below is grown from a seedling they obtained during their honeymoon in Mauritius more than 10 years ago.

Looks like they have some exotic plants in their yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment