Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bummer


Just because it hasn't rained for so long and that we've experienced the driest month in ten years, I got complacent. My precious little kai lan seedlings that have just sprouted days ago got battered by a sudden heavy downpour this afternoon.

I got home from work to find them lying on their side. The floor was littered with black seedling soil that have splattered out of the shallow bowls. What a bummer!

I protected my first batch of delicate seedlings like a mother hen, sheltering them from heavy rain and harsh sun. I got sloppy with this second batch. No doubt it is a really small batch, they still require the same amount of attention.

Sigh, first borns always get the most attention. Second borns are left to fend for themselves. It happens to plants too!

No comments:

Post a Comment