Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Surprise plant

I often recycle my soil. After transplanting or repotting, I toss the leftover soil into a big pile and reuse them for planting.

It's interesting how I always get new plants growing from the soil after a while. Old seeds that were once buried deep inside get moved to the top start to germinate and grow into plants. I've not had balsam in my garden for 1.5 years now but suddenly I have a huge one growing out of the recycled soil.

So, the moral of the story is, do recycle (healthy) soil and be surprised at what you may get.

However, if the soil is infested with pests and diseases, please dispose quickly before the entire garden gets affected.

1 comment:

  1. I love Balsam a lot!
    Anyway I have extend you an award. Please visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete