Monday, April 6, 2009

New seedlings

I bought a bunch of seeds from Known You last week. When I sowed the seeds this time, I chose not to label them so I'll have fun guessing when they germinate.

Jugding from the size, this must be a soybean seedling. It will produce hairy pods with 2-3 big. Barring any unforseen circumstances, I should be harvesting soybeans in about 70 days. I love eating the freshly steamed ones in Japanese restaurants.

These three could be cucumber seedlings. The variety I picked is an attractive one with deep green fruits with smooth surface and small seed cavity. The flesh is thick, crisp and sweet. The rind is very thin.

I was so excited to find spring onion seeds at last. In the past, I had grown them from bulbs. Look at how cute the seedlings are! They're like needles.


Here are some of the existing plants in my garden. This coriander simply refuses to grow up!

The butterhead lettuce is growing slowly but steadily.

The spinach should be ready for harvest in a few days time. I don't want to make the same mistake like before when I waited too long until the stems became woody.

That looks like a flower bud on my egg plant! The fertiliser I applied over the weekend must be working.

Even the giant red spider lily plant is flowering. Not one but 2 buds on the same plant! Somehow the flowers always come out slightly defective unlike their white cousins.

1 comment: