Monday, April 13, 2009

Crude trellis

My cucumber and soybean plants are growing so rapidly, I find myself in dire need of a trellis, pronto.

I gathered some old bamboo poles chopped from my bamboo trees months ago and fashioned a crude trellis. To hold everything together, it's cable ties to the rescue again. This happens when a girl can't tie a knot to save her life. I think cable ties are the best invention ever!

Looking at the crooked and somewhat goofy trellis, I feel a sense of accomplishment. I know, it sticks out like a sore thumb in my patio but it does the job for now. Well, it's not pretty but at least it is eco-friendly.

Soon these little babies will be climbing all over the skinny poles.

Did I tell you my eggplants are flowering? The flowers are in a pretty shade of lilac.

Eggplants in a row.

Here's a resurrected cycad. For years, it was hanging on the most awkward corner of the railings, exposed to the harsh sun and deprived of water. I finally brought it down to join the rest of the plants. Now that it is receiving more TLC and daily showers, the shoots are beginning to show again.

No comments:

Post a Comment