Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Starting over

One year ago, I blogged about how my mulberry plant was fruiting like crazy. Then I must have neglected it because one fine day, the plant had turned into a stick. I didn't even realise it was dead until someone asked me for a cutting. I couldn't even recognise the plant anymore.

So for months, I pined for another mulberry plant, yet I refused to buy one in case it suffers the same fate. The main problem in my patio is the lack of sunlight for the first half of the year. Thankfully it receives full sunlight during this time of the year, so I've been taking full advantage of the sunlight.

When my son brought back some mulberry cuttings, I quickly planted them in a sunny spot. Most of them are doing very well. If I am lucky, I might be able to enjoy mulberry fruits again next year.

2 comments:

  1. I have searched high and low for mulberry plants but most of the nurseries I went to were either not familiar with the plant or did not sell it. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have bought mine a couple of years ago from World Farm at Bah Soon Pah Road near Yishun.

    ReplyDelete