Monday, May 9, 2011

Growing vegetables @ the office

Now that our new office has a big balcony, I have more room to grow plants. I scattered a handful of vegetable seeds into two large pots just to test if these seeds have expired. To my pleasant surprise, all of them germinated. So much so that there is overcrowding in both pots.

If I am not wrong, they are the leafy cai xin vegetable. With the soaring temperature, our concrete balcony gets extremely hot in the afternoon. Fromthe photo, you can see that some of the leaves are already burnt.

I'm hoping for more rain and less sun, or these seedlings will never make it to adulthood.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. Actually, you can use these seedlings. I think they'd taste great even now. Can also try if you can use in salad even... :)

    ReplyDelete