Saturday, June 27, 2009

Small is beautiful

I decided to get rid of all my eggplants this weekend. The plants are stunted because of unhealthy roots but I'm glad I managed to harvest one small brinjal for my months of effort.

I trimmed my frangipani plant because it's growing too tall and straggly. A gardener never lets anything go to waste, so I chopped the branches into smaller pieces and repotted them. I hope they will sprout new shoots and grow into bushy frangipani trees.

Beauty is everywhere if you know where to look. I found lots of little flowers in my garden today, from the sunny yellow portalucca to the delicate flowers of weeds. They may be tiny but they're all beautiful.









3 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you propagated cuttings of your frangipani. I am sure the plant will keep on multiplying ;-) Btw, that brinjal look so good... must be delicious. Those tiny and not so tiny blooms are so pretty. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie - I saw someone doing that with the frangipani while I was out walking my dog. So I quickly returned home and did the same.

    The brinjal is tiny, too small to cook on it's own. Maybe I'll chuck it into a pot of curry.

    ReplyDelete